Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Makin new friends . . .

This is why I started blogging . . . to meet people who are willing to share their thoughts, creative ideas, talent and beautifully decorated homes with me.  I have friends, but none of them really 'get' me.  They don't understand my love of chippy, rusty, and old.  They are not interested in making something themselves.  My daughter (she is TOTALLY like me) is the only one I have to go antiquing with and she is SO busy that it is not always easy to get together.  So . . . I search the blogs, I lurk at so many of you, my 'favorites' list is soooooo long!  I very seldom have anything profound to write about, my life is not too exciting, I am frequently too shy to ask if I can take a picture and sometimes I go a long time without a finished creative project.  But I am always thinking, always planning and especially dreaming of an outlet for what I think I can accomplish.  I feel like I am meeting each of you personally when I visit.  I consider you my friends.  By commenting on one of your posts (even if it is only on a giveaway post), I feel like you have invited me over and we are discussing our lives, our loves and our lusts (like for paper, ephemera, junk, etc).  Thank you.  I'll keep trying to expand my horizons by being inspired by many of you, 'stealing' clever ideas from some of you, and laughing along with most of you.  I hope you visit me too!  And, if you ever need a friend, I would like to let you all know that I am always here!

A special shout-out for 3 new friends who recently sent me FABULOUS, WONDERFUL, GENEROUS gifts . . .










My daughter and I are so excited to be going to the Silver Bella vendor night on Friday!  Gonna check out what all the fuss is about.  I'm sure I will see, IN PERSON, some of those people I admire so much from their blogs!  But remember, I will be too shy to ask for a picture.  I'm sure they will be too busy with those that are way more famous than me.  (But maybe I can sneak some!)  I'll show you what I come home with next week!

Thank you, my new and potentially new friends for reading my ramblings.  Please, please leave me a comment so that we can meet too!

Until the next time . . .

xo  --  Connie

PS (11/12) -- Found a lovely new blog to me and guess what - she is having a giveaway!  Nothing better than that!  Tracey at French Larkspur has such wonderful new merchandise in her shop that we will all want something!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Connie! WOW...you got some real treasures. I frequent a couple of those blogs myself! Good choices. I too, love the freedom to meet new bloggers and get acquainted.
Have fun Friday nite. Hugs from Texas.

Coastal Sisters said...

Connie, have a wonderful time at Silver Bella. I am definitely going next year. You will have a blast.

You are right...it is so wonderful to be able to share with others that enjoy the same things you do and it's wonderful to share ideas with each other.

Glad to have met you through Blogging!!

LuLu~*xoxo

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Connie, I am so jealous that you get to go to Silver Bella. And I share your feelings. I have lots of friends but none that share my passion for junkin' and treasure hunting and worn out treasures. :)