Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The loot . . .

. . . from Junk Bonanza and other smaller venues.



Okay blogger, I love ya and all, but when you try to improve things, sometimes you just mess things up!  Anyone know how to rotate uploaded images?  And yes, the image was taken vertically but was saved vertically also!  Go figure!  Well, you all need a little neck exercise to get the kinks out so just look crooked, 'kay?



Got me some way cool ironstone.  Thinkin I need more so a new collection has begun!  Yup, I REALLY need a new collection!  Am going to use the old hinges for photo propping and if I get enough, for placecard holders some day.


Well!  This I just HAD to HAVE!  A paperweight so my dreams don't just blow away.


Hit the mother load on bling!  The most I paid for a piece was (now don't hate me) $4.00!


Neck exercise alert!


All of the birdie cards sing out the song 'Blue Skies'.  Might be kinda cute to change things up with different holiday songs.  Yeah, I'll get that done!


A small buffet that is in really good shape.  Think I'll live with it over the winter and see if I'd like it better painted.


A teacher's register from 1891.  Fifty cents, girls, fifty cents!



Such beautiful handwriting!  No one even writes by hand anymore, let alone write beautifully!  A lost art for sure.


Neck exercise alert again!  Yeah, don't know how this one got turned this way in the upload process but blogger better darn well work out the bugs on this update!

I'm guessing this will be the last of the goodies for a long while.  Shows are over for the season and I tend to stay away from Christmas events.  I have WAY TOO MUCH Christmas and I'm even giving my kids alot of my precious treasures.  Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the simpler you want your surroundings?  Besides, harvest will officially start TOMORROW on the old farmsted and there will be NO galavanting about!

Now, go do something that makes you happy . . . 



16 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

I just love that old handwriting. You are right - a lost art for sure. Love the bling you found too.

-Danielle

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Look at all the fun stuff you found...my kinda stuff...lucky you got there first ;)
That teacher's register is my favorite find though...way too fun! Thanks for the peek! Laurel

Shell said...

I Hate you! I want all those rhinestone goodies! LOL Too fun Connie!

Those sideways images remind me of when I first started blogging! HA! I'd apologize and ask my newest (sweet) bloggers to excuse my sideways images!

Yeah, I've got one piece for the show that is probably from the same period as your Buffet,,,,,,I don't think I'm going to touch it! If no one wants it for the sale, I rethink it!

I still owe you a package....LOL. I added a Bit and then my SON,,,,,ATE the Gourmet Chocolates one night when I was in BED! Shame Shame! Oh well, it might take a BIT longer,,,,but you'll get more goodies as a result!

Love you Missy! You are too Fun! How lucky am I to have you in my Life????

Hugs, Love and a "Bus",
Shell

Createology said...

Such fabulous treasures you acquired. I think the teachers register has to be the most unique and special with all that beautiful penmanship. Happy collecting...

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Love those clock faces and hinges! Oh yes ~ and definitely the ironstone too!! You found some fabulous goodies. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I just love all your goodies, Connie~ the teacher's register is amazing! Hope you are feeling better...I have heard many people have had the worst colds this fall...

Angela said...

Great stuff!! It looks good from any angle!

The Whistle Stop said...

Looks like you brought home lots of great stuff! I love the clock & clock faces! I so feel like I missed out on all the fun! Maybe next year! Thanks for sharing.
Happy Harvest!
Laurie

Joanna said...

Thanks for the neck exercise - now if you could do something to work on my abs that'd be great!

Great finds - my absolute favourite is that teacher's register - it's even written in that a poor child died on Dec 2nd (nowadays the parents would get a letter from a government office threatening court action if the deceased child doesn't attend school!). 50 cents? That is indeed a bargain.

xx

koralee said...

Thank you so much for visiting me the other day!!! Your blog is lovely...and your treasures...AMAZING!!! I just had a wee bit of time to run over to the JB from TCC event and so I flew through it...wish I had more time to hunt.

I love your bling you found.

Have a great Fall day. xoxoxo

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Cool loot! I love the birdie cards spelling out the song!

Hope you can stop by my blog starting next week when I am running several giveaways & specials during October, my birthday month!

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I always love finding things with handwriting too.
Hugs, Diane

Cassie Shella said...

Oh wow!! You always find such great stuff. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the paperweight, and the teacher's register is priceless. You make me want to get up really early Saturday morning and make my way to Jamie's Flea Market - a local flea market that has been around for years. Thanks for the motivation! Have a Blessed week.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Love that teachers register, how wonderful. just to touch it and know or wonder who wrote all that down. I agree love the handwriting.
where did you find that treasure?

Janice

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Connie,
ooooh, what great finds and bargains!!
I absolutely love the teacher's register -
what a treasure.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

hiyaluv said...

wow! i love everything that you found! you have such a gift;)
smiles,
gina