Monday, September 14, 2009

One of my biggest pet peeves . . .

Had a conversation with some friends that other night and I was telling them about the things I have been doing to the house and yard this summer. "Oh, I don't have time to paint." "I wish I had the time to do that." "I'm lucky just have time to . . ." I HATE it when people say "I don't have time". They don't have any less hours in the day than anyone else. It's all about PRIORITIES people! They make me feel bad about myself because I don't have a "real" job outside of the home. I hide the fact that I'm not 'working' any more. AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO! I think that I am really lucky that I don't have to work someplace 9-5 anymore. I think that I am really lucky that I can do things that make me happy (along with the same ole' drudgerys that everybody HAS to do). I think that I am lucky to choose to take the time for the things that are important to me and my family. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME THAT LETS THESE PEOPLE MAKE ME FEEL INFERIOR? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM THAT MAKES THEM THINK THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN ME? Anyway, that is my rant for the day.

These are 3 of the finished quilts that I 'waste' my time on . . .









Pretty, huh?

Leaving tomorrow for Junk Bonanza. If you see someone walking around with her eyes bugging out from all of the fun junk - that's me! Stop me and say hi!



Catch you all next week (if I can find the time!) . . .


Ciao!



6 comments:

Lisa said...

keep doing what your doing, what makes you happy. People who talk like that are unhappy with thier lives. I learned a long time ago that people who say those things are jealous and want to bring you down. I get so much possitive feedback from the blogging world. They really keep me going. Hang in - Hey you might win the banner

The Little Red Shop said...

Ohhh...I want to go! You are going to have so much fun!!! Your quilts are lovely and I totally understand about your pet peeve!

: )

Julie M.

Julie Pishny said...

I know how you feel...but it's just our Western society that values work.work.work. of course outside the home - which is really crazy when you think about it. What is more important than your home and the comfort of those living in it??? Nothing. Employers come and go, but family is forever.

I love your quilts - being a garden nut, I love the floral that looks like daisies. If I had a little girl that quilt would be on her bed.

I am envious regarding the jaunt and I can't wait to read about it on your blog - it's the closest I am going to get! dang.

xo Julie

Anonymous said...

I hear that a lot too, people don't realize that making things pretty IS MY JOB and I probably work a LOT more than 40 hours a week at it!

Jade Creative said...

Enjoy your life!
Love those quilts.
Have a wonderful day
Darlene

Unknown said...

Hey Connie. Do you know that I didn't even realize that I hadn't become a follower until tonight. Well you can bet I am now! I have never made a quilt and yours are absolutely beautiful!!!! What a waste of time - SO NOT!!! My Grandmother and my Great Aunt used to quilt. I so wish I had one of those that had been washed and so well worn. They felt so warm, soft and cozy when I was sick. These were old fashioned scrap quilts nothing very pretty about them. I know yours will become well loved heirlooms.
Hugs...Tracy :)